Ever wanted to tell other users you changed an
appointment or ask someone to get out of a record?
Now you can with Troi Activator Plug-in!
The Activator is a very powerful tool for
triggering scripts across the network, even over
Runs with FileMaker Pro 12 through 15!
Below you can find a version history, with an overview of
what has been changed in this and previous versions of Troi
Troi Activator Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 12, 13, 14 and 15
Version 4.0 for FileMaker 12, 13, 14 and 15 (June 14, 2016)
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 15.
- Tested and improved compatibility with Windows 10 and OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- You can now schedule up to 1500 events to trigger, up from 1000.
- Added description and type-ahead information for all functions of the plug-in. This extra function description will be shown in FileMaker Pro 15 in the Specify Calculation dialog box when you type a function name and also as a text popup in the functions pane on the right.
The type-ahead information is used by the auto complete functionality of FileMaker Pro 15. In the calculation pane of the Specify Calculation dialog box you can type a letter or two of the function name and instantly see a list of matching function names. For example when you type "sch", the auto complete functionality will suggest the Actr_ScheduleEvent function. You can also type a function name in the functions pane on the right: for example if you type "HTTP" you will see all the functions with HTTP in the name, like Actr_StartHTTPServer.
- Improved the multi-threading behavior of the plug-in when running in FileMaker Pro 15.
- Improved the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, to provide more help when an installation error occurs.
- Updated the UploadData.fmp12 example file: it now correctly shows a Google Map in a webviewer.
- Fixed a possible memory leak in the HTTP Server when receiving GPS location data.
- Fixed a typo in the web page of the http server.
- Fixed several bugs, rewrote and modernized the code in several places and made further improvements.
- Updated the User Guide and the Overview.fmp12 file.
Troi Activator Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14
Version 3.6 for FileMaker 12, 13 and 14 (May 12th, 2015)
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 14.
- Added support for 64-bit architecture with FileMaker Pro 14: On OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in and on Windows there are 2 plug-ins: Troi_Activator.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_Activator.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
- Improved the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, to support the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 14.
- Fixed a bug that could make FileMaker Pro 14 crash when showing a flash dialog.
Troi Activator Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 10, 11, 12 and 13
Version 3.5.4 for FileMaker 10, 11, 12 and 13 (November 18th, 2014)
- (Windows) Fixed a bug in the Actr_ScheduleEvent function, with the handling of daylight savings time. In some cases this could result in triggering 1 hour too early or getting error code $$-4226 (cannot schedule an event in the past) as result.
- Improved the code in a few places.
Version 3.5.3 for FileMaker 10, 11, 12 and 13 (July 21st, 2014)
- (Windows) Fixed a bug in the Actr_ScheduleEvent function, with the handling of daylight savings time. This could result in triggering of scripts one hour too late.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a bug in the Actr_Version function, where entering the registration data could make FileMaker crash.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a bug with registration on FileMaker Server 13: the plug-in now looks in the correct folder for the Troi Payment Certificate.
- Improved the code and the registration text shown in the log when running FileMaker Server.
- Improved some code due to analysis.
Version 3.5.2 for FileMaker 10, 11, 12 and 13 (January 13th, 2014)
- Made compatible and tested with FileMaker Pro 13.
- (Windows) Added support for 64-bit architecture: on Windows there are now 2 plug-ins: Troi_Activator.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_Activator.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
NOTE Only Filemaker Server and FileMaker WebDirect are 64-bit processes and require the Troi_Activator.fmx64 version to be installed. On OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in.
- Improved the example file Remote: it now has far better support for running under FileMaker Server, with a built in log table, where FileMaker Server can log the execution of trigger scripts.
- (Mac OS X) fixed a problem with the Upload Server: the webpage request with URL "/" now properly redirects to "index.html".
- Improved the Actr_SendRemoteEvent functionality: the usertext parameter is no longer truncated when a pipe character is present; for this last parameter the pipe character is no longer treated as a separator.
- Improved the EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 example file, adding support for installing plug-ins on FileMaker Server and for installing 64-bit Windows plug-ins, with extension fmx64.
- Improved the code in several places.
Version 3.5.1 for FileMaker 10, 11 and 12 (October 24th, 2013)
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a bug that would prevent the plug-in from loading under OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).
- This version no longer supports the switch "-DefaultInterface" in the function Actr_GetIPAddress(). It will result in the error $$-4243 (kErrNotImplemented).
- Corrected incorrect text in preferences to :"This plug-in (for FileMaker 10, 11 and 12)...".
Version 3.5 for FileMaker 10, 11 and 12 (March 21, 2013)
- Added two new functions: Actr_Shutdown() and Actr_Restart(), which can shutdown and restart the computer.
- The Actr_Sleep function now works on Mac and Windows. Also added a new switch "-sleepnow" to put the computer to sleep directly.
- (Mac OS X only) Extended the Upload Server functionality to be able to handle only text. You can post your text to the url "/posttext.html". The text needs to be formatted like this:
your UTF8 formatted text
- (Mac OS X) Actr_GetIPAddress() now can return the IPv6 address when you specify the switch "-GetIPv6". The Actr_GetIPAddress() function also works with a 64-bit architecture.
NOTE: the switch "-DefaultInterface" is not supported for 64-bit and will result in the error $$-4243 (kErrNotImplemented).
Other improvements and fixes
- Added compatibility with Windows 8.
- (Mac OS X) Completely rewrote the plug-in for 64 bit. The plug-in now runs as a 64-bit plug-in under Custom web publishing under FileMaker Pro 12.
NOTE: The Mac OS X plug-in is compiled for intel 32 bit and intel 64 bit. It no longer contains PowerPC code.
- (Mac OS X) Rewrote the plug-in to defer the automatic loading of Cocoa Classes. Now any classes are in a separate bundle which is not loaded until later in the initialization process. This prevents a crashing bug, which could occur when the Troi Activator Plug-in was installed in 2 separate places.
- (Mac OS X) Compiled for Mac OS X 10.5 and higher. This means that the plug-in no longer loads with earlier versions like Mac OS X 10.4.
- Fixed a problem where the plug-in could crash when the Image Upload Server functionality received unexpected formatted data without an image.
- Fixed a problem where the plug-in would not correctly load when running as a server-side plug-in or as a web-side plug-in under FileMaker Server 12
- Improved the example file GetIPAddrs.fp7, so that it now populates the correct field on windows.
- Improved the layouts of the example files for IWP.
- Updated the User Guide, several example files and Overview.fp7 to reflect the new functionality.
Version 3.1 for FileMaker 10, 11 and 12 (May 16th, 2012)
- Made compatible and tested with FileMaker Pro 12.
- Made small change to the bundle (on Mac OS X) and FileVersion resource (on Windows) so it now reflects the correct version number.
- Added new switch "-GetPluginInstallPath" to the Actr_Version function: This switch will return the path where a plug-in is installed, for example "/Mac HD/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions/Troi_Activator.fmplugin".
- Added new example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12 (in the FileMaker Pro 12 formatted download only), which contains the plug-ins and can install the plug-in from within FileMaker Pro 12.
- Corrected the path of logs files in the document filemaker-server-side-plug-ins.htm.
Version 3.0 (for FileMaker Pro 9, 10 and 11) (November 25th, 2010)
- Made compatible with FileMaker Pro 10 and FileMaker Pro 11.
- Added compatibility with Windows 7.
- (Mac OS X only) Added Image Upload Server functionality. For this we added the functions Actr_StartHTTPServer and Actr_StopHTTPServer. The Upload Server works with QuickTrans for iOS.
- (Mac OS X only) Added new switches to the Actr_GetEventInfo function for the Upload Server functionality:
you can now get the image with the switch -GetImage and get the (GPS) location with the switch -GetLocationData.
- Added new switch to Actr_Version: -UnregisterPlugin. This will remove the registration data. The plug-in will be in an unregistered state after this.
See the "Temporary Register Activator Plug-in" script in the file RegiFunc.fp7 for an example use.
- Troi Activator Plug-in is now compatible to run under FileMaker Server. The plug-in now creates log files when running under FileMaker Server
to make troubleshooting installing easier and provides feedback regarding errors and registration status.
Note that you need a special Server/Web license to use this plug-in on FileMaker Server. See our web site for details.
- Added the plug-in's version number to the description in FileMaker's preference pane.
- Updated the User Guide and Overview.fp7.
Version 2.7 (for FileMaker 7, 8.x and 9) (October 9th, 2008)
- Added new switch "-GetAllEventsList" to the Actr_GetEventInfo function. This will return a tab separated list of all the events that the plug-in knows about, including future and triggered events.
- Added new switch "-GetAllEventIDs" to the Actr_GetEventInfo function. This will return a list of all the eventIDs that the plug-in knows about, including future and triggered events.
- Added new Actr_VersionAutoUpdate function. The Actr_VersionAutoUpdate function is part of an emerging standard for FileMaker plug-ins of third party vendors of plug-ins. The version number is returned in the format aabbccdd where every letter represents a digit of the level, so versions can be easily compared.
- Improved the display and handling of registration codes.
Version 2.6 (for FileMaker 7, 8.x and 9) (June 30th, 2007)
- Made compatible with FileMaker Pro 9.
- Added compatibility with Windows Vista.
- Added new and easy Actr_RunScript function, which can directly trigger a script from a calculation. It can also pass a script parameter.
- Added new example file Tooltips.fp7. This example file shows how to trigger a script from a tooltip calculation.
- Added new switch -GetRegistrationState to the Actr_Version function: This switch allows you to check if the plug-in is currently registered.
Version 2.5.1 (for FileMaker 7, 8 and 8.5) (August 1st, 2006)
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a problem where the plug-in would not work after using the Auto Update feature of FileMaker Server.
- Updated the User Guide for version 2.5. We also improved the links in the table of contents, so the links now also work with the Preview application of Mac OS X.
- Fixed some small typos.
Version 2.5 (for FileMaker 7, 8 and
8.5) (July 10th, 2006)
- Made compatible with FileMaker Pro 8.5.
- (Mac OS X) Converted to Universal plug-in which runs natively on PowerPC and Intel Macs.
- Cleaned up code in several places.
- Prepared registration handling for 2.5 release.
- Improved GetIPAddrs.fp7 example file: it no longer hangs in a loop on Windows.
- Fixed some typos.
- Added "-AnyTriggered" switch for ACTR_GetEventInfo.
- Improved Remote.fp7. Implemented draft for broadcast on subnet.
Version 2.0.1 (for FileMaker 7 and
8) (January 16th, 2006)
- Fixed a bug when scheduling an event with empty
"yourID and "usertext" parameters.
- The (unregistered) plug-in now also schedules an
event after the initial flash dialog is shown.
Version 2.0b1 BETA(for FileMaker 7
and 8) (December 19th, 2005)
- Converted to new Function API of FileMaker Pro
NOTE Most functions now fully support
Unicode, however there are some exceptions. Please read the
FileMaker Pro 8 conversion note for more information on
this. Go to the FileMaker
8 Conversion Note
Troi Activator Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 6
- Improved readme files and examples to reflect the
Activator 2.0 release.
- Fixed a bug at startup: reading stored events from
disk now works more reliable.
- When enabling with a wrong password the plug-in now
returns the error code: kErrPwdWrong ($$-4219) instead of
- Fixed a bug with a silent event. When a silent event
is received, it no longer brings the application to the
- (Mac OS) Improved recovering from an disconnected
(Ethernet) connection. If an Ethernet cable is removed
and later put back, the plug-in now recovers and can
receive events again.
- FileMaker Pro 7 and runtimes from FileMaker Developer
7 now also get a different preference file for storing
events on disk. They are called "Activator Events FP7"
and "Activator Events Runtime7". This allows you to run
FileMaker Pro 6 Client and a FileMaker Pro 7 Client on
the same computer with a separate set of Events.
- (Mac) Improved correct display of dialog messages,
like when the plug-in has stopped working. Moved
resources to a range not affected by the FileMaker
- (Mac) Improved triggering on Mac OS X 10.3.3
- (Win) Fixed a bug that could crash FileMaker 7 when
disabling the plug-in in the preferences.
- (Win) Improved rescheduling when a scriptname to be
triggered does not exists.
- Tested with FileMaker Pro 6. We found no problems
using FileMaker Pro 6.
- (Mac) GetIPAddress can now get all the IP addresses
in case of a multi-homing computer.
- (Mac+Windows) Improved rescheduling.
- (Mac+Windows) Fixed a bug with the DeleteEvent
function when deleting a specific Event.
1.3.0x2 special (30-January-2002)
- Found a bug on older Macintosh machines that don't
have a PowerPC native power manager (like an 6100 running
Mac OS 8.1). We fixed this bug in a special version of
the Activator plug-in, which plug-in does NOT have the
IMPORTANT You can download this special
version from <http://www.troi.com/software/activatorplugin.html>.
- Included the correct Windows version of the plug-in.
Instead of the older development version 1.2x2 of May
15th now version 1.3 is really included. Note that this
plug-in the Actr-Version function still returns
- Tested with FileMaker 5.5 and ported to Mac OS X. The
Mac version of the plug-in is now a so called 'Super Fat'
plug-in that will run on Mac OS 8, 9 and Mac OS X.
- ScheduleEvent now can have an empty yourID and/or
userText and does no longer give a parameter error.
- The unregistered plug-in now stops working after 90
minutes AFTER the first call to the plug-in. This means
that if you don't use the plug-in no dialogs are shown.
This is useful for the developer license.
- Added support for runtimes created with FileMaker
Developer 5 for Windows.
- Added support for FileMaker Pro 4.0 for Windows and
FileMaker Pro 4.1 for Windows.
- Added support for runtimes created with FileMaker
Developer 4.0 for Windows.
- Removed the limitation that the script to be
triggered had to be in the same file as the file that is
used to start listening. It is now also possible on
Windows to trigger any script in any file that is open in
- Added new examples: Portal validation, Everyday
- (Mac) fixed a memory leak.
- Improved the user guide.
- The plug-in now stops working after 90 minutes.
- First public beta release.