Troi Encryptor plug-in
for FileMaker Pro 12 to 15
This plug-in adds encryption and encoding
functions to FileMaker Pro. With Troi
Encryptor plug-in you can make sure information can
only be read by the persons you want. With it you
can encrypt fields using the powerful 256-bit
Rijndael AES encryption scheme, so that your sensitive
data is secure.
Below you can find the version history, with an overview
of what has been changed in the current and previous
versions of Troi Encryptor Plug-in and its predecessor Troi
Troi Encryptor Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 12 to 15
Version 3.5 (for FileMaker 12, 13, 14 and 15) (July 5, 2016)
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 15.
- Added three new keychain functions, to help you store passwords:
- Encr_SavePasswordToKeychain, which saves a password into the keychain (for an account or your ID).
- Encr_GetPasswordFromKeychain, which retrieves a password from the keychain (for an account or your ID).
- Encr_DeletePasswordFromKeychain, which deletes a password from the keychain.
- Added description and type-ahead information for all functions of the plug-in. This extra function description will be shown in FileMaker Pro 15 in the Specify Calculation dialog box when you type a function name and also as a text popup in the functions pane on the right.
The type-ahead information is used by the auto complete functionality of FileMaker Pro 15. In the calculation pane of the Specify Calculation dialog box you can type a letter or two of the function name and instantly see a list of matching function names. For example when you type "aes", the auto complete functionality will suggest the Encr_AES_EncryptUsingKey function. You can also type a function name in the functions pane on the right: for example if you type "Encry" you will see all the functions with Encrypt in the name, like Actr_EncryptRijndaelAES.
- Improved the multi-threading behavior of the plug-in when running in FileMaker Pro 15.
- Improved the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, to provide more help when an installation error occurs.
- Fixed several bugs, rewrote and modernized the code in several places and made further improvements.
- Updated the User Guide and the Overview.fmp12 file.
Troi Encryptor Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 12 to 14
Version 3.0.1 (for FileMaker 12, 13 and 14) (March 22nd, 2016)
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 10 and OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Fixed a bug in the Encr_MakeDigest function which was introduced in version 3.0: when creating a MD5 digest an incorrect digest would be returned for texts bigger than 32000 characters.
- Added a switch "-DigestCompatibleWithv30" to the Encr_MakeDigest function, to be able to generate the same (incorrect) digests of v3.0. Note that the result only differs for digests of text bigger than 32000 characters and created with the 3.0 version of the plug-in.
- Improved several example files.
Version 3.0 (for FileMaker 12, 13 and 14) (June 5th, 2015)
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14.
- Added support for 64-bit architecture with FileMaker Pro 14: on OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in and on Windows there are 2 plug-ins: Troi_Encryptor.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_Encryptor.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
- Added the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, with support for the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 14.
- Tested with OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite and Windows 8.x.
- Added AES-256 bit encryption: The function Encr_EncryptRijndaelAES() will now use AES-256 bit encryption by default.
- Added a switch to the Encr_EncryptRijndaelAES function: "-KeySize=128", which will generate AES-128 bit encryption.
- Improved the Encr_DecryptRijndael function: for Troi AES encrypted text, it will automatically detect if it is AES-128 or AES-256 and decrypt the text. You don't need to change the scripts or add any switches for this to work.
- Added 3 new functions to the plug-in, to be able to easily exchange AES-Encrypted data with other systems (like for example PHP-mcrypt):
- Encr_AES_CreateKeyAndIV: creates an encryption key and initialization vector, which can be used for the AES encryption or decryption.
- Encr_AES_EncryptUsingKey: encrypts the data using the AES-128 or AES-256 algorithm using the encryption key and initialization vector.
- Encr_AES_DecryptUsingKey: decrypts the data using the AES-128 or AES-256 algorithm with the encryption key and initialization vector.
- Added PHP mcrypt script which demonstrates how to decrypt data generated with the EncryptAES.fmp12 example file in PHP.
- Troi Encryptor Plug-in is now compatible to run under FileMaker Server! The plug-in creates log files when running under FileMaker Server to make troubleshooting easier and to provide feedback regarding errors and registration status.
Note that you need a special Server/WebEngine license to use this plug-in on FileMaker Server. See our web site for details.
- Added new Encr_VersionAutoUpdate function. The Encr_VersionAutoUpdate function is part of a standard for FileMaker plug-ins of third party vendors of plug-ins. The version number is returned in the format aabbccdd where every letter represents a digit of the level, so versions can be easily compared.
- Fixed a bug in the Encr_DecodeBase64 function, where ASCII character 240 (Apple logo) and ASCII character 189 (Omega) would not be added to the result.
- Updated information regarding MD5 hash and collisions/uniqueness. Now recommends the use of SHA-1 when more security is needed.
- Added new switch -GetRegistrationState to the Encr_Version function: this switch allows you to check if the plug-in is currently registered.
- Added new switch "-GetPluginInstallPath" to the Encr_Version function: this switch will return the path where the plug-in is installed, for example "/Mac HD/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro/14.0/Extensions/Troi_Encryptor.fmplugin".
- Added new switch to Encr_Version: -UnregisterPlugin. This will remove the registration data. The plug-in will be in the unregistered state after this.
- Several bug fixes and further improvements.
- Made various changes to several example files.
Troi Encryptor Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 7, 8.x and 9
Version 2.5.2 (for FileMaker Pro 7, 8.x and 9) (September 25th, 2007)
- Fixed a bug in the Encr_DecodeBase64 function, where the last Base64 character would not always be decoded correctly.
- Added new switch "-DecodeSafeAsciiDecryptDESDecompress" to the Encr_Code() function. This will perform three actions in succession: first decode from SafeAscii, then decrypt the intermediate result (using decryptDES) and finally decompress it.
- Fixed a small inconsistency with Encr_Version( "-GetVersionString" ). It now properly returns with a space between the plug-in name and the version number.
- Updated the User Guide for version 2.5.2.
Version 2.5.1 (for FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5) (September 5th, 2006)
- Fixed a bug in decrypting newDes data created with Troi Coding Plug-in running under FileMaker Pro 6. The text &# (which is also used to insert Unicode characters) is now interpreted properly in this case.
- (Mac OS X) Converted to Universal plug-in which runs natively on PowerPC and Intel Macs.
- Fixed a small typo in the user guide. Also renamed the user guide to be more clear for which plug-in the guide is intended.
Version 2.5b0 beta (for FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5) (August 7th, 2006)
- Made compatible with FileMaker Pro 8.5.
- (Mac OS X) Converted to Universal plug-in which runs natively on PowerPC and Intel Macs.
- Updated the User Guide for version 2.5. We also improved the links in the table of contents, so the links now also work with the Preview application of Mac OS X.
Version 2.0.4 (for FileMaker 7 and 8) (August 4th, 2006)
- Final preparation for universal binary and registration handling for next release.
- Changed incorrect name Coding Plug-in to Encryptor Plug-in in unregisterd flash dialog box.
Version 2.0.3 (for FileMaker 7 and 8) (June 30th, 2006)
- Improved the ImportSafe.fp7 example.
- Changed the display of the function names of the plug-in: the list of functions are now visible in every FileMaker calculation dialog. So for example the function names should now also be visible in Custom Functions.
- Cleaned up code in several places and prepared for Universal plug-in. Also prepared
registration handling for next release.
Version 2.0.2 (for FileMaker 7) (June 26th, 2005)
- Fixed a problem in Encr_DecodeSafeAscii: The omega character "Ω" was being replaced with the Ohm character by the FileMaker application.
NOTE this means changed result on Windows: Encr_DecodeSafeAscii now correctly returns the omega character.
- Fixed a problem with compress function: if the result of the compression contained
an ASCII character 240 "" (the Apple-logo character) the result would not be accepted by
the FileMaker application.
- Added extra checks to correct for wrong characters in Encr_DecryptNewDes, Encr_Decompress and Encr_Code.
- Fixed a typo in the user guide.
Version 2.0.1 (for FileMaker 7) (March 21st, 2005)
- Improved parameter text in function names, to improve
easy selection. Added space after the last parameter of
this function: "Encr_EncryptRijndaelAES( switches ;
password ; text)".
- (Windows) Changed incorrect option string to correct
- (Mac OS X) Changed incorrect bundle identifier string
to correct one.
Version 2.0b1 beta (for FileMaker 7)
(February 15th, 2005)
- Converted to new Function API of FileMaker Pro
- Renamed the plug-in to Troi Encryptor Plug-in.
Troi Coding Plug-in versions for FileMaker Pro 4, 5 and 6
Version 1.6.2 (for FileMaker 6)
- New version of Troi Coding that also accepts
registration of Troi Encryptor Plug-in.
- Updated package and release notes.
Version 1.6 (for FileMaker 6)
- Tested with FileMaker 5.5 and ported to Mac OS X. The
Mac version of the plug-in is now a so called 'Super Fat'
plug-in that will run on Mac OS 8, 9 and Mac OS X.
Version 1.5.2 (09-March-2000)
- Fixed a bug in function FromSafeASCII. In some cases
this bug could crash FileMaker 5 if incorrect input was
Version 1.5 (20-Dec-1999)
- Added Compression/Decompression
- Added Encode/DecodeSafeASCII
- Added powerful Code functions
- Added user guide and lots of samples.
Version 1.1.4 (27-Feb-1999)
- Fixed non-loading of functions in External function
Version 1.1.3 (10-Feb-1999)
- Added a built-in 'register function' for developers
Version 1.1.1 (17-July-1998)
- Removed the startup flash screen. Now a flash screen
is shown the first time the plug-in functionality is
used. This flash screen is removed after payment of the
- Windows NT: startup splash screen now always shows
centered on screen.
- Windows 98: register program now prints
Version 1.1 (23-April-1998)
- Added checksum
- Added Text signatures
- Added Binary To Num and Num To Binary function
- Split into 3 separate plugins: Troi Dialog Plug-in,
Troi Coding Plug-in and Troi File Plug-in
Version 1.0 (29-January-1998) First
- Fixed a bug on 68k machines which disposed of a