| download | details
Troi Grabber Plug-in 2.3
This FileMaker Pro plug-in adds video image
grabbing functions to FileMaker Pro. With it you
can take a picture from a video camera and put it
into a container field. And it can record movies
too, all from FileMaker Pro 12!
Below you can find the version history, with an overview
of what has been changed in the current and previous
versions of Troi Grabber Plug-in.
Version 2.3 for FileMaker 10 through 12 (April 19th, 2012)
- Made compatible and tested with FileMaker Pro 12.
- Made small change to the bundle (on Mac OS X) and FileVersion resource (on Windows) so it now reflects the correct version number.
- Fixed a bug in Grab_GrabImage and QuickTimeClassic, which could cause the grabbing an image to fail with error code $$-2020.
- Added new switch "-GetPluginInstallPath" to the Grab_Version function: This switch will return the path where a plug-in is installed, for example "/Mac HD/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/Extensions/Troi_Grabber.fmplugin".
- (in the FileMaker Pro 12 formatted download only) Added new example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, which contains the plug-ins and can install the plug-in from within FileMaker Pro 12.
2.2.1 for FileMaker 9 through 11 (September 12th, 2011)
- Made compatible and extensively tested with FileMaker Pro 11.
- Tested and made compatible with Mac OS X Lion 10.7: in our testing we have found no issues with Mac OS X Lion.
- Added new switch "-GetRegistrationState" to the Grab_Version function: This switch allows you to check if the plug-in is currently registered.
- Added new switch to the Grab_Version function: "-UnregisterPlugin". This will remove the registration data. The plug-in will be in a unregistered state after this. See the "Temporary Register Grabber Plug-in" script in the file RegiFunc.fp7 for an example use.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a bug in Grab_OpenMovieGrabWindow where the FileMaker window would not be updated until you moved the mouse.
- Fixed a bug in Grab_OpenMovieGrabWindow where an empty dialog title could potentially cause a crash.
- Added extra switches for the Grab_CropImage and the Grab_GrabImage function: "-CodecMinQuality", "-CodecLowQuality", "-CodecNormalQuality", "-CodecHighQuality" and "-CodecMaxQuality", describing the wanted quality of the image result.
- Fixed a bug in Grab_Initialise, which could cause the preview to be shown in the wrong window (only while running in FileMaker Pro 11v3).
- Improved example files, including to show the Grabber icon in dialogs.
- Made several internal improvements.
2.2 for FileMaker 9 through 10 (November 16th, 2009)
- (Windows) First final version.
- (Mac OS X) When using the Grab_CropImage function the original image name is now preserved (if the image has no name it is still set to "GrabberCroppedImage.jpg"). The image name will be used by the FileMaker application for an initial suggested filename when exporting the field contents.
- (Mac OS X) added extra imageName parameter to the Grab_OpenImageGrabWindow function, which allows specification of a custom image name for the returned grabbed image. This is an optional parameter.
- (Mac OS X) added extra imageName parameter to the Grab_GrabImage function, which allows specification of a custom image name for the returned grabbed image. This is an optional parameter.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a bug in Grab_OpenImageGrabWindow and Grab_OpenMovieGrabWindow where the Grabber window would open at a random location on the screen.
- (Mac OS X) When using Classic QuickTime the default name of the returned image is now set to GrabberImage.jpg.
- (Mac OS X) Made some internal changes to the Grab_OpenImageGrabWindow and Grab_OpenMovieGrabWindow functions: the modal dialog is now run as a real Cocoa runloop.
2.1 for FileMaker 9 through 10 (October 6th, 2009)
- Created Windows (beta) version with TWAIN technology.
- Added new Grab_SetWindowPosition function to set the position of the grabber window on the screen.
- Added new Grab_SetWindowSize function to set the size of the grabber window.
- Added new switch "-ImageQuality=x.y" for the function Grab_OpenImageGrabWindow. This will set the compression factor of the saved image. 0.0 is the minimum and 1.0 is the maximum quality (0.9 is default).
- Improved example file RecordMovie_QTKit.fp7. Added better error handling. Also added an option to be able to save each video recording in a new record, with the movie file getting a serial number, for example myMovie12.mov.
- Added new switch "-GetVideoCompressionOptionsList" for the function Grab_GetDeviceInfo. This will return a list of possible compression options available for recording video when using the QTKit technology. Also added the scripts for this in the example file RecordMovie_QTKit.fp7.
- Improved example file GrabImage_QTKit.fp7: added a script to export all grabbed images to disk.
- Improved the grabbing window (QTKit): the preview will resize to the correct aspect ratio of the video device.
- Updated incorrect text in the file "All Grabber Examples.fp7".
2.0 for FileMaker Pro 9 and 10 (June 29th, 2009)
- Final release.
- Made small corrections to the example files.
1.9b0 beta for FileMaker Pro 9 and 10 (June 9th, 2009)
- The plug-in is now compatible with FileMaker Pro 9 and 10 (older versions of FileMaker are not supported).
- Converted to the function API of FileMaker Pro 7. It is now also a Universal plug-in which runs natively on PowerPC and Intel Macs.
- Added a new technology: QTKit. This technology allows you to grab images and movies in a separate window.
- Also converted the 'classic' grabbing functions, to work with FileMaker 9 and 10: in this case the preview is still shown inside the window. The functions return better results, making use of the FileMaker Pro 7 API. For example the grabbed images (instead of using the clipboard) are now returned as a binary type, allowing for easy setting into a container field.
- Added several other new functions.
- Added new Grab_VersionAutoUpdate function, which is part of an emerging standard for FileMaker plug-ins of third party vendors of plug-ins. The version number is returned in the format aabbccdd where every letter represents a digit of the level, so versions can be easily compared.
Classic versions for FileMaker Pro 4 to 6
Version 1.5 (April 18th, 2002)
- Added an "-EnableHighQuality" switch as 5th parameter for certain VideoGrabbers.
- Grab-GetTimecode now also returns a duration timecode when there is no timecode track.
Version 1.4b1(March 3rd, 2000)
- Tested with FileMaker 5.5 and ported to Mac OS X. The Mac version of the plug-in is now a so called 'Super Fat' plug-in that will run on Mac OS 8, 9 and Mac OS X.
- Added Grab-RecordMovie function for Mac OS and Mac OS X.
- Added Grab-GetTimecode function for Mac OS and Mac OS X.
Version 1.2.1 (August 16th, 2000)
- Fixed bug in demo file where the settings would not be stored in a global.
Version 1.2 (November 4th, 1999)
- Added Compatibility for FileMaker Pro 5.
Version 1.1 (June 30th, 1999)
- Final release.
- Rotate and Cropping functions (Mac Only).
Version 1.0.1b1 (March 31th, 1999)
(first Windows version)
- Fixed a bug with the centering of the image when switching from PAL to NTSC (or reverse).
- Improved User Guide on page 11-12.
Version 1.0 (November 09th, 1998) first release
- Changing screen resolution is handled properly.
- Grab-DoSettingsDialog now returns a proper error code when there is no preview running.
- Grab-Stop returns an error code 0.
- sample scripts now checks for more error codes.
- added Trade Show sample.
- fixed a bug on 68k machines which disposed of a