Text Plug-in 4.1 Version History
| details | comments
Below you can find a version history, with an overview of
what has been changed in this and previous versions of Troi
4.1 for FileMaker Pro 12, 13 14 and 15 (October 27, 2016)
- Added new platform: Troi Text Plug-in is now compatible to run under FileMaker Cloud.
Note that you need the Server/Web license to register this plug-in on FileMaker Cloud. See our web site for details.
- Added new example file TextOnFMCloud.fmp12, which demonstrates how to perform the functions of the plug-in on FileMaker Cloud.
- Added new switch -ResetDemoTestTime to the TrText_Version function. In demo mode and running under FileMaker Cloud, the plug-in stops working after two hours. This switch allows you to test the plug-in two hours more. Note that after 12 hours the demo time is automatically reset, and you can continue testing the plug-in.
- Tested and made compatible with macOS Sierra (OS X 10.12).
4.0.1 for FileMaker Pro 12, 13 14 and 15 (June 21, 2016)
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 15.
- Updated the Readme and example files to reflect the release of FileMaker Pro 15.
- Added description and type-ahead information for all functions of the plug-in. This extra function description will be shown in FileMaker Pro 15 in the Specify Calculation dialog box when you type a function name and also as a text popup in the functions pane on the right.
The type-ahead information is used by the auto complete functionality of FileMaker Pro 15. In the calculation pane of the Specify Calculation dialog box you can type a letter or two of the function name and instantly see a list of matching function names. You can also type a function name in the functions pane on the right.
- Other small improvements.
4.0 for FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14 (May 4th, 2016)
- Tested and made compatible with Windows 10 and OS X 10.11 (El Capitan).
- Added 4 new functions for powerful spell checking:
These spelling functions are available on Windows 8 and later and on all OS X versions.
- TrText_CheckSpelling, which finds the first word that is spelled wrong. You can specify the spelling language too.
- TrText_SetSpellingIgnoreList, which sets the list of words that should be ignored (during this spell check).
- TrText_LearnSpelling, which adds a word to the spell checker dictionary.
- TrText_UnlearnSpelling, which forgets a word in the spell checker dictionary.
- TrText_GetSpellingLanguages, which returns a list of all supported spelling languages on the system.
- Improved the log text when running FileMaker Server: more information is added to the log.
- Improved the log text when running FileMaker Server: after an unsuccessful attempt to register, the log now adds the (incorrect) register text used.
- Improved multi-threading behaviour of the flash dialog.
- Improved the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, to provide more help when an installation error occurs.
3.5 for FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14 (August 7th, 2015)
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14.
- Added support for 64-bit architecture with FileMaker Pro 14: on OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in and on Windows there are 2 plug-ins: Troi_Text.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_Text.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
- Added the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, with support for the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 14.
- Tested with OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite and Windows 8.x.
- Troi Text Plug-in is now compatible to run under FileMaker Server. The plug-in creates log files when running under FileMaker Server to make troubleshooting easier and to provide feedback regarding errors and registration status.
Note that you need a special Server/Web license to use this plug-in on FileMaker Server. See our web site for details.
- Added new switch -GetRegistrationState to the TrText_Version function: this switch allows you to check if the plug-in is currently registered.
- Added new switch "-GetPluginInstallPath" to the TrText_Version function: this switch will return the path where the plug-in is installed, for example "/Mac HD/Users/User Name/Library/Application Support/FileMaker/FileMaker Pro/14.0/Extensions/Troi_Text.fmplugin".
- Added new switch to TrText_Version: -UnregisterPlugin. This will remove the registration data. The plug-in will be in the unregistered state after this.
- Several bug fixes and further improvements.
- Converted the example files to .fmp12 format and made various changes to the example files.
- Added new TrText_VersionAutoUpdate function. The TrText_VersionAutoUpdate function is part of a standard for FileMaker plug-ins of third party vendors of plug-ins. The version number is returned in the format aabbccdd where every letter represents a digit of the level, so versions can be easily compared.
3.0.1 for FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5 (October 12th, 2006)
- The Getline function: now better supports styled text.
- Fixed a small typo in FMP6 conversion note.
3.0 for FileMaker Pro 7, 8 and 8.5 (August 14th, 2006)
- Made compatible with FileMaker Pro 8.5.
- (Mac OS X) Converted to Universal plug-in which runs natively on PowerPC and Intel Macs.
- Updated the User Guide for version 3.0. We also improved the links in the table of contents, so the links now also work with the Preview application of Mac OS X.
2.8.2 for FileMaker Pro 8 and 7 (August 11th, 2006)
- Final preparation for universal binary and registration handling for next release.
2.8.1 for FileMaker Pro 8 and 7
(January 26th, 2006)
- Changed the SumText examples back to the original and
preferred FMP7 format.
NOTE With the the release of the update of
FileMaker Pro 8.0v2 the original syntax of the SumText
calculation is now again working properly. As the
original syntax is more general we strongly recommend to
use this syntax. Please read the SumText
section of the FileMaker 8 Conversion Note, which
explains this in detail.
- Changed the BookIndex.fp7 example to include on the
Pages.fp7 example in the same file.
2.8 for FileMaker Pro 8 and 7
- First version to be completely compatible with
FileMaker Pro 8.
- Changed the SumText functions to be able work with
FileMaker Pro 8.
NOTE The calculations in the database
need to be changed to make the SumText work in FileMaker
Pro 8. Please see the SumText.fp7 example file for
- It is now possible to have a SumText without a
separator. Specify "-NoSeparator" as the parameter in the
- Fixed a problem in the GetLine function: the last
character of the last line is now also returned, when no
"-ReturnAtEnd" switch is used.
- (Mac OS X) Fixed a resource conflict at idle time
with other plug-ins.
- Improved the Version function: the switch
"-GetVersionString" now works.
- Improved the SumText functions: The first related
record that is summed now always keeps its style.
- Created FileMaker Pro 8 Conversion Note (updated from
the FileMaker Pro 7 version).
2.7.2 for FileMaker 7
- In the Define Calculation dialog box at the top
right: added the forgotten swiches parameter in the
prototypes for the function TrText_GetLine and
- Fixed a problem with registering via the version
function, on Mac OS X.
- Changed the name of the plug-in, to ensure better
compatibility with the autoupdate functionality of
FileMaker Server. Changed spaces to underscores: On Mac
OS X the plug-in now is called Troi_Text.fmplugin and on
IMPORTANT: don't forget to remove the previous
2.7.1 for FileMaker 7
- Fixed: When looking at the preferences, the plug-in
- (Win Fixed a problem with the plug-in not
- (Mac) Improved correct display of dialog messages,
like when the plug-in has stopped working.
- Improved the Sets.fp7 example.
126.96.36.199 for FileMaker 7
- (Win) made the flash dialog better.
- (Mac) added better resource file management,
especially for the flash dialog.
- Improved the check for the correct plug-in in the
example files, it now correctly checks for the 2.7
- Improved the TrText-XORText function, it no longer
includes lines with just a return.
- Improved the BookIndex.fp7 example to use the new
Text Plug-in instead of the pre 7 Text Plug-in.
- Improved the tabs in the All Text Examples.fp7 file,
so that they look normal when clicked.
2.7 for FileMaker 7
- Converted to new Function API of FileMaker Pro
- Each function can now handle longer texts than the
previous limit of 64000.
- Each function now supports Unicode characters.
- (Mac) Registration now also works if the registration
file has a ".txt" extension at the end.
- Updated the example files.
- Fixed a memory leak.
NOTE The Troi Text Plug-in itself still
has version 2.1!
- Included the latest regifunc.fp5 example file.
- (Mac) removed 'carb' resource in the plug-in, as this
is no longer required and could interfere with
- Tested with FileMaker 5.5 and ported to Mac OS X. The
Mac version of the plug-in is now a so called 'Super Fat'
plug-in that will run on Mac OS 8, 9 and Mac OS X.
- Released as final version; no bugs found in
- Added NOTText function.
- Added XML function.
- Added Highlight function (Mac only).
- Improved Version function. It now also can show the
Flash Dialog and return a version buildnumber.
- Improved example files.
- Updated External Function Overview file.
- Added descending sortline.
- Added registration via external function.
- Added new functions: SortLines, UniqueLines,
UniqueWords and GetLine
- Removed the startup flash screen. Now a flash screen
is shown the first time the plug-in's functionality is
- This flash screen is removed after payment of the
- Fixed bug that could lead to crash when not using the
SumText functions correctly.
- Added ANDText and XORText.
- Added a User Guide.
1.0b1 (10-March-1998 )
First public beta.
back to details page